No Thanksgiving meal is complete without a generous slice of homemade pie. For many, this sweet treat is just as important as the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes—if not more so!
If you’re searching for a pie recipe to impress your loved ones this holiday, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up seven Thanksgiving pies you absolutely have to try:
- Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Pie. Why does pumpkin pie get all the love on Thanksgiving? Sweet potato pie is a southern favorite, and this one has a rich, buttery, homemade crust and a mouthwatering medley of fall spices.
- Butternut Squash Pie. If you have yet to sample butternut squash pie, you’re seriously missing out! Perfect for Thanksgiving, this smooth, silky dessert has a hint of spice (the ginger really makes it pop!) and a whole lot of fabulous flavor.
- Butterscotch Pie. Chock-full of brown sugar and butter, this creamy butterscotch pie will have your Thanksgiving guests clamoring for seconds. Don’t forget to top it with roasted chopped cashews for a little crunch!
- Caramel Apple Pecan Streusel Pie. What’s better than a buttery, flaky pie crust bursting with gala apples, topped with crunchy peach streusel and drizzled with decadent caramel sauce? Your friends and family will truly be thankful for this delectable dessert!
- Cranberry Cheesecake Pie. Cranberry ties with pumpkin as the “official fruit of Thanksgiving,” so why not showcase it in a dessert your dinner guests will love? This tart, tangy and oh-so-sweet cheesecake-pie hybrid will take your Thanksgiving menu to the next level!
- Deep-Dish Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust. You didn’t think we’d forget about pumpkin pie, did you? This deep-dish version of the time-honored classic features a unique spiced gingersnap crust that will wow even the most discerning diners.
- Salted Honey Pie. Salted caramel, sweet honey and brown sugar—what’s not to like? This creamy custard-based pie is sure to become a Thanksgiving tradition!
Hungry for more pie recipes? Check out this Pinterest board!