Had your fill of pumpkin pie? Want to impress your guests with an array of non-traditional desserts this Thanksgiving? Here are seven incredible, out-of-the-box Thanksgiving dessert recipes that are sure to tempt their taste buds on Turkey Day!
1. Salted caramel six layer chocolate cake. Chocolate gets a lot of love year-round, but the creamy confection is often overlooked on Thanksgiving. Surprise—and wow—your guests with this rich, velvety and unexpected chocolate cake with seasonal salted caramel. For an even bigger impact (and a double dose of cocoa), top it with these stunning chocolate pine cones!
2. No-bake mini pumpkin cheesecakes. Torn between tradition and the desire to experiment in the kitchen? Then this is the Thanksgiving dessert for you! These light, airy mini pumpkin “cheesecakes” combine tried-and-true fall flavors, like pumpkin and brown sugar, in a quick and easy, no-bake preparation that’s sure to please all the Pilgrims at your dinner table.
3. Meyer lemon-cranberry bundt cake. Lemon bundt cake on Thanksgiving? It’s practically unheard of! But throw in some tart, tasty cranberries and we think you’ll agree… This surprising dessert recipe is the perfect complement to your holiday menu. In fact, it may become a new Thanksgiving tradition.
4. Toasted butter pecan cake. Butter, sugar, pecans and a rich, cream cheese frosting… Need we say more? Your friends and family will be thrilled to bid that boring, old pie goodbye once they sink their forks into this moist, flavorful and festive Thanksgiving cake!
5. Pumpkin-espresso tiramisu. Tiramisu isn’t exactly standard Thanksgiving fare, but perhaps it should be. And here’s why: the coffee-flavored, layered dessert pairs perfectly with pumpkin—one of the holiday’s most iconic ingredients. Your guests will fall in love with this seasonal spin on a classic Italian dessert.
6. Deep fried apple pie bites. We promised no pie, and we meant it! Despite their name, these deep-fried “apple pie bites” are a definite departure from the traditional Thanksgiving dessert. End your holiday feast on a sweet note with apples, cinnamon and pure maple syrup tucked into a flaky pie crust and deep fried to crispy perfection. You’ll have one more thing to be thankful for this year!
7. Pumpkin gingersnap ice cream. Everyone loves ice cream! And this flavorful, frozen, fall treat is delicious on its own or as an accompaniment to any of the delectable recipes we’ve detailed. Plus, it’s a snap to make!
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours! Check out our Fall ideas for the home and Holiday tablescapes Pinterest boards for Thanksgiving home decorating ideas, and keep following our blog for more mouthwatering recipes and homeowner resources!