The telephone may be the gadget of choice for those who prefer to make reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. But if you, like many, look forward to hosting family and friends in the comfort of your home, we have identified eight must-have kitchen tools that can help simplify your holiday meal prep.
Check out these gadgets to help trim the amount of time you spend in the kitchen (and your turkey!) this Thanksgiving:
- Oven-to-Table Entertaining Platter. This attractive, innovative, soapstone platter can be chilled or heated to ensure that your Thanksgiving appetizers, sides and desserts are served—and remain—at the ideal temperature.
- 3-tier Oven Rack. Leverage your casserole cooking capacity with this convenient chrome-plated rack that literally triples your oven space. Plus, it collapses for quick and easy storage!
- 3-in-1 Adjustable Potato Ricer. With fine, medium and coarse settings, this essential ‘tater tool can aid in your mashed potato prep on Turkey Day and help you prepare delicious gnocchi, spaetzle, turnips, carrots and even applesauce every other day. It’s even dishwasher safe!
- Range Smart iPhone®/iPad® Thermometer. The Range Smart thermometer is smart, alright… It connects to your Apple-brand device via an oven-safe cable and allows you to set remote alerts. This means you can mingle with guests while your bird is basting and your phone or tablet will let you know when it’s ready!
- Catskill Roasting Board. This wooden carving board features “juice grooves and a versatile meat-holding wedge” to help ensure your poultry stays put—and those succulent juices don’t escape—during the carving process.
- Cordless Electric Carving Knife. Slice through that moist, flavorful bird like a pro with this cordless electric knife! It boasts an ergonomic handle with a one-touch trigger and an adjustable slicing guide to help ensure a clean, uniform cut every time.
- No-spill Gravy Separator. Trim some of the fat from your Thanksgiving meal with this glass gravy separator. It’s durable, easy-to-use and virtually spill proof. Plus, you can slash some calories and redistribute them to other parts of the meal—like the pumpkin pie!
- Petite Pie Maker. And speaking of pie, it’s a Thanksgiving staple. And aren’t four (or more) perfectly portioned individual pies more impressive than one large pie? This must-have personal pie maker allows you to prepare beautiful miniature pies in mere minutes without taking up valuable oven space. And don’t worry—recipes are included!