Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Set the stage for a memorable holiday (and that tasty turkey with all the trimmings!) with this natural, autumn-inspired tablescape.
Layering is key when dressing up any dinner table. Start with a tablecloth or—in this case, placemats—and work your way to an eye-catching centerpiece. The following elements help transform an ordinary wood dining table into a warm, welcoming, stylish space to gather with family and friends on Turkey Day:
- Soothing shades of brown, cream and copper are reminiscent of the season.
- Natural woven placemats mimic the rectangular shape of the table and clearly define each place setting.
- Classic white china conveys simple elegance and serves as the perfect canvas for a colorful Thanksgiving bounty (think cranberry sauce, stuffing and sweet potato casserole!).
- Round copper chargers create visual interest and offset the salad bowls from the bread and dinner plates.
- Coordinating copper napkin holders complement the elegant cream linen napkins.
- Fresh fall flowers on a bed of pinecones and moss provide a pop of color, and the low-profile centerpiece design won’t obstruct dinner conversation.
A few more ideas to take your tabletop to the next level this Thanksgiving:
- Use old photos to create personalized place cards for guests.
- Incorporate pumpkins, squash and gourds into your centerpiece design.
- Cover the kids’ table with brown butcher paper and fill flower pot “centerpieces” with crayons.
- Instead of (or in addition to) a single floral centerpiece, place a single stem in a bud vase at each place setting.
Keep following our blog and Pinterest boards for more entertaining ideas!