Planning to bake a pie for Thanksgiving? Been there, done that. Why not wow your friends and family with a delicious dessert that they aren’t expecting this year?
We’ve rounded up 10 tasty Thanksgiving desserts that aren’t pie because your holiday meal should be anything but ordinary. Give these sensational seasonal dessert recipes a try—your guests will be very thankful you did!
- Pumpkin pie milkshakes. You’ve decided to skip the pie, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the season’s signature fruit (yes, pumpkin is, in fact, a fruit)! And what could be better than ending your Thanksgiving meal with a rich, creamy milkshake.
- Sweet potato cream cheese bundt cake. Impress your friends and family this year with a beautiful holiday bundt cake. Once they sample this moist sweet potato spiced cake with swirls of maple-scented cream cheese, they’ll wonder why so many people settle for pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving.
- Pumpkin pie sugar cookies. Buttery crust, pumpkin pie filling, flavorful frosting… These festive cookies may have all the components of a traditional pumpkin pie, but they’re a far cry from the standard Thanksgiving dessert!
- Chocolate turtle apple slices. If you’re a fan of finger foods (and really, who isn’t?), you’re going to love this delectable dessert on a stick. With just five ingredients and a few simple steps, you’ll have extra time to focus on the turkey and trimmings!
- Pumpkin praline bread pudding. Take classic bread pudding to the next level with a delicious seasonal twist. Your Turkey Day guests will really fall for this surprising sweet treat that’s been shared over 200,000 times on Pinterest!
- Frosted maple cookie bars. What’s even better than cookies on Thanksgiving? These soft, chewy bars with mouthwatering maple cream cheese icing. Don’t just take our word for it!
- Dark chocolate pumpkin tart. Calling all chocolate lovers! This tasty tart composed of creamy pumpkin and decadent dark chocolate—and topped with fresh or canned whipped cream—is sure to become a holiday staple.
- Mini apple cheesecakes. Cheesecake for dessert on Thanksgiving? Where do we sign up?! Packed with appley goodness, these fall-inspired mini cakes are the perfect way to end an extraordinary holiday meal.
- Pumpkin blondies. If you have yet to serve blondies on Thanksgiving, your dinner guests have been missing out! Remedy the situation this year by baking a batch of these addictive dessert bars, which combine pumpkin puree and white chocolate with seasonal spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Sticky toffee pumpkin cupcakes. Have your pumpkin spice—and your toffee, too—with these must-try Thanksgiving cupcakes. You might want to double the recipe because they’re going to go fast!
Some additional Thanksgiving articles that might interest you:
- Thanksgiving Recipes with a Twist
- Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes for Guests with Special Diets
- Turkey Day Take Two: Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers
Want to celebrate your next Thanksgiving in a new home?
Get tips for touring models, choosing a floor plan and more!