Summer is in full swing and temperatures are on the rise. And so are cravings for light, energizing foods like leafy greens and fresh fruit. Your body instinctively wants to beat the heat with a refreshing summer salad, but your brain simply can’t handle the idea of another boring bowl of lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. We don’t blame you!
Following are seven fresh and flavorful salads to keep you smiling and satisfied all summer long:
- Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Chopped Salad. Everyone needs a healthy chopped chicken salad in their summer meal rotation, and this one combines crisp cabbage, toasted sesame seeds, crunchy slivered almonds and spicy Sriracha, among other mouthwatering ingredients.
- Macaroni Salad with Smoked Mozzarella and Prosciutto. It doesn’t get much better than pasta and prosciutto… Unless, of course, you add additional bold Italian flavors, like smoked mozzarella, spicy pepperoncini and flavorful capers and coat it all with a rich, creamy dressing!
- Mango and Shrimp Salad. Mangos and limes and grilled shrimp, oh my. Sure to become a summer staple, this zesty, refreshing salad hits all the right flavor notes for warm weather.
- Cowboy Steak Salad. Yeehaw! With smoky flank steak, grilled corn, roasted potatoes and chopped tomatoes, this substantial, savory salad is perfect for those who constantly crave meat and potatoes.
- Very Simple Summer Salad with Lemon Dressing. This light, tart seasonal sautéed chicken salad with bright citrus dressing is palatable proof that a salad doesn’t have to be complicated to be super satisfying.
- Watermelon Caprese Salad. Nothing is quite as refreshing as watermelon on a hot summer day except, of course, for this “completely addictive” combo of watermelon, fresh basil, delicate mozzarella and balsamic vinaigrette!
- Grape, Avocado and Arugula Salad. Our final salad suggestion includes fresh, peppery arugula, creamy avocado, sweet seedless grapes, red onions, toasted walnuts and goat cheese. Need we say more?