The new school year is almost here and the hunt has begun for the season’s hottest gear! Sure, your star student needs to stock up on pens, pencils and notebooks. But today we’re focusing on the ultimate statement piece: the backpack.
What better way is there for your son or daughter to express his or her originality and sense of style during the school day than with a backpack? Plus, he or she may be more likely to keep the folders, papers and projects contained—and keep your home free of clutter—with a pack that’s equal parts form and function.
Here are some of our favorite finds for students of all ages:
For pre-school and elementary-aged kids:
- Mackenzie Critter Rhino Backpack. Not only does this adorable, durable, water-resistant backpack feature a generous main compartment and fun rhino print, it even sports ears and horns! Other available critters include dinos, bunnies, and kittens.
- Backpack Jr. A Garnet Hill exclusive, this small, easy-to-clean backpack boasts a wide range of patterns to please the preschool set, including colorful monsters, camouflage bears, bright owls and pastel ponies. Plus, it includes side pockets and an attachment loop for a matching lunch pack!
- Ninja Graffiti Cape Kids Backpack. Perfect for pint-sized superheroes, this sleek, functional, environmentally friendly backpack comes complete with a hidden cape and eye mask—because you never know where the school day might take them!
- Girls’ Tulle Backpack. This “tutu cute carryall” has all the frills. Literally. Your little loved one can store her lunch, snacks and school supplies while maintaining her signature style.
- MadPax Blok Full Pack. Your son or daughter will be the coolest kid on the block with this bold 3D blok backpack! With a roomy main compartment, multiple zipper pockets and a rear ID window, this unique bag is as practical as it is stylish!
For middle- and high-school aged students:
- Marvel Comic Backpack. Your kiddo’s favorite comic book scenes spring to life on this sturdy, spacious backpack—complete with four zippered compartments and a convenient laptop sleeve!
- Discovery Glow Backpack. This big, bold backpack features dual compartments, a built-in organizer, padded, adjustable straps and rugged, weatherproof fabric that… wait for it… glows in the dark! What a bright idea!
- The North Face Youth Recon Squash Backpack. Searching for a sporty backpack with a generous main compartment and loads of space for extras, like pens, protractors and water bottles? Look no further!
- Vera Bradley Campus Backpack. This lightweight, quilted backpack has plenty of room for books, folders and other school supplies. Plus, it comes in a variety of eye-catching patterns to suit any style.
- Gear-up Paisley Power Rolling Backpack. Is your study buddy ready to roll this year? Check out this chic, spacious and, perhaps most important—convenient—backpack with a telescoping handle and wheels for easy transport. The Gear-up Blue Camo Rolling Backpack is another great choice!
- Homlove Vintage Canvas Backpack. Available in five earthy shades, this rugged backpack boasts ample storage and timeless style. It’s reversible, machine washable and includes both an audio pocket and a laptop sleeve.
Check out our Back to school Pinterest board for other fun finds for the new school year!