School’s just around the corner, and it’s time, once again, to gather the gear your child(ren) will need for a fun and productive year. But we’re not here to talk paper, pencils and protractors. Today, we’re focusing exclusively on one of the season’s hottest educational accessories, arguably second only to the backpack: the lunch box.
Food for thought
In a day that’s typically filled with rules, schedules and a whole lot of structure, lunchtime gives kids a chance to relax, refuel and reconnect with their friends. And lunch boxes give them an opportunity to express their creativity and individuality.
Here, we’ve identified some fun and functional bags and boxes for your star student, designed to take the cafeteria by storm!
Picks for preschool- and elementary-aged kids:
- Build A Lunch Box Kit. A classic metal lunch box and reusable sticker book. Imagine the possibilities!
- Ready, Set, Score Personalized Lunch Bag. This insulated lunch cooler is customized for your mini MVP!
- Animal Print Personalized Lunch Tote. She’ll go wild for this animal-inspired tote that bears her name!
- Superman™ Classic Lunch Box. It’s a bird. It’s a plane… It’s a lunchtime tribute to your kid’s favorite super hero.
Picks for middle and high school-aged students:
- Aquarius Boombox Tin Lunch Box. This retro lunchbox-disguised-as-a-boombox will hit the right note with your mini musician. (This Fender Amp Tin Lunch Box will also strike a chord!)
- The “Brown” Bag. Perfect for budding environmentalists who appreciate the style and simplicity of the classic brown lunch bag.
- Flip-top Lunch Box. Available in a variety of prints, this box boasts a generous center compartment and convenient storage lid.
- Gourmet Getaway Insulated Lunch Bag. A neoprene bag with a lightweight design that won’t add backpack bulk.
Wondering what to pack in your child’s new lunch box? Check out these inspired back-to-school lunch ideas!