Expecting houseguests this holiday season? After all, ‘tis the time to gather with family and friends! Following are some simple ways to help ensure your visitors enjoy their holiday stay in your home:
- Wow them with a welcome basket. Nothing says “So glad you’re here!” quite like a gift basket. Include magazines, snacks (extra points for locally sourced items!), sunscreen, body lotion, holiday-themed socks and any other seasonal items your guests might enjoy.
- Give them a spare key. Reassure home holiday guests that they can come and go as they please by providing them with a spare house key. As an added bonus, you won’t have to get out of bed in the wee hours to let any night owls back into your home.
- Dress up the bed. Make a bed that beckons guests with fresh linens, a pile of pillows and, of course, an extra blanket to ward off a potential chill. Be sure to add some wintry touches (like this eye-catching throw) to give the sleeping space a little holiday flair.
- Clear out the closet. Your houseguests probably don’t want to live out of suitcases during their stay. So set aside ample space in the dresser and closet for their clothes and accessories. This is a simple and effective way to make family and friends feel at home in your home.
- Stock up on toiletries. It’s easy to overlook everyday items when packing for a vacation. Keep the following essentials on hand in case your company forgets to bring them:
- Shaving cream
- Set out spare towels. Take a cue from your favorite hotel and provide guests with fresh bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths so they won’t have to hunt around for them. If you really want to pamper your friends and family, furnish them with fluffy bath robes as well!
Keep following our blog and Pinterest boards for decorating and entertaining ideas.