Seeking the serenity of a spa, but don’t want to leave the comfort of your home? We’ve got you covered!
Following are some easy and economical tips to help transform your owner’s bathroom into a relaxing refuge that rivals the atmosphere of your favorite health resort. Read on and let the pampering begin!
- Clear the clutter. Want every day to be a spa day? Start by stashing away items that you don’t use on a regular basis (and tidying the ones that you do!). After all, excess clutter tends to contribute to stress rather than reduce it!
- Select soothing shades. What do your favorite serene spaces all have in common? Chances are, they share a tranquil color palette. Choose crisp whites, soft grays and beiges and, if you must introduce color, go with baby blue or earthy green. And be sure to think beyond neutral walls. Accessories also have the power to help create—or combat—a chaotic environment.
- Add natural elements. Nature typically has a calming influence, so try to incorporate organic elements when setting up your spa bath. In addition to tasteful greenery, consider including items like teak shelves or bamboo accessories.
- Use fresh, fluffy towels. Nothing says “pampering” quite like a thick, oversized towel and/or bath mat. So, go ahead and stock up on these luxury items—you deserve it! Plus, think of all the money you’ll save by skipping the actual spa!
- Add soothing scents. Use an essential oil diffuser to fill your owner’s bathroom with the fragrance of your favorite day spa. Lavender, in particular, has been associated with feelings of calmness. Other comforting scents to consider: bergamot, chamomile and rose.
- Consider a towel warmer. Be it freestanding or wall mounted, a towel warmer adds instant extravagance to any bathroom. A nice warm towel on a chilly day is the ultimate indulgence!
Keep following our blog—and be sure to check out our Pinterest boards—for more home decorating ideas!