When it comes to house hunting, there’s a lot more to consider than just the price of the home. Look for a location that caters to your interests and priorities—after all, you’re not just buying a home, you’re investing in a lifestyle.
Focus on lifestyle
As you narrow down your home search, it’s a good idea to research community amenities. The right amenities can make all the difference by enriching your life and putting coveted features at your fingertips. Do you like to stay active and spend time outdoors? Look for a community that offers parks, walking trails, tennis courts and a golf course. If you have kids, you might choose a community with a pool or playground to keep them busy during the summer. Dog parks, clubhouses and fitness centers are also popular—it’s all about choosing what fits you and your lifestyle best.
Amenities can also bring your neighborhood together and help foster a sense of community. When you choose a home based on your desired lifestyle, chances are you’ll have a lot in common with your neighbors.
Keep convenience in mind
Many new communities are designed to be close to schools and business hubs, as well as shopping, dining and recreational options. Think about your priorities. Do you want to be near popular schools or within walking distance of a range of restaurants? And don’t forget to consider your commute—you don’t want to get stuck somewhere that doesn’t have easy highway access.
Home upgrades can add value, but community amenities can have an impact on your home’s worth as well. Attractive neighborhood features, such as putting greens and playgrounds, can add to your home’s resale appeal and your property value.
Marble Mesa at Lake Las Vegas in Henderson, NV
Why we love it:
- A par-72 championship golf course
- Miles of hiking, cycling and equestrian trails
- Dining, shopping, resorts and entertainment at MonteLago Village
- Lake Las Vegas access for kayak and Duffy boat rentals
- Pristine tennis and pickleball courts
- Adult and family pools
- Close proximity to Lake Mead National Recreation Area and Clark County Wetlands Park
You may also be interested in these articles:
- Communities Across the Country with Amazing Trail Systems
- How To Find The Right School District For Your Child
- Finding A Neighborhood That Is Dog Friendly
Ready to find a home that fits your lifestyle?
We have tips to help you land your dream home with your desired amenities!