Halloween is right around the corner, but there’s still time to dress up your front porch for the occasion! Whether you prefer eerie, neutral or cheerful Halloween porch décor, we’ve scared up some fun, festive and downright spooktacular ideas from around the Web. We hope that they help you set the scene for a chillingly chic All Hallows’ Eve!
- Simple Halloween porch décor. Decorate your porch with Halloween flag banners, streamers, paper fans and any other items that showcase your unique style. Use this simple yet stylish porch as a guide, but feel free to make your design as sweet or as spooky as you like!
- DIY Floating Witch Hat Luminaries. Impress trick-or-treaters with these glowing witch hats that appear to be suspended in midair! This simple, cost-effective, DIY project uses minimal supplies (like black hats, fishing wire and LED light sticks) to create a maximum impact!
- Bats and Boho Décor. If you model your front porch after this one, it’s sure to turn heads on Halloween! Realistic crows, 3D bats, assorted gourds and large planters with fall foliage and branches combine to create a hauntingly beautiful bohemian space.
- Lighted Halloween Pumpkin Topiary. Add some whimsy to your porch with this unique stacked pumpkin topiary! Want to create a scarier scene this Halloween? Substitute plastic skulls for the pumpkins!
- Simple Halloween Pumpkin Porch Steps. Give the boys and ghouls a warm Halloween welcome with these eye-catching, monochromatic porch pumpkins. All you need are plastic light-up Jack O’Lanterns in a variety of shapes and sizes and a little paint in a single shade of your choosing.
- Wriggling Snake Wreath. Nothing says Halloween quite like a cluster of slithering snakes. This DIY reptilian door wreath is a must if your style leans toward terrifying; just keep in mind that it might stop some squeamish trick-or-treaters in their tracks!
- Peony Pumpkin Wreath. If a den of potentially poisonous snakes isn’t your aesthetic, we have you covered! This colorful wreath, composed of pumpkins and peonies, gives a tasteful nod to the season without scaring away small children and the faint hearted.
- Realistic Witch’s Cauldron. Cast a spell on your neighbors with this fabulous faux cast iron cauldron! Fill it with fake fire or loads of Halloween candy—the choice is yours!
- Skeleton on a Bench. Perk up your porch this Halloween with a posable life-sized skeleton! Sit him in a chair, on a bench or on the front steps, add some spiders and spooky ravens for company and complete the chilling look with holiday-inspired throw pillows.
Some additional Halloween articles that might interest you:
- Setting The Scene For A Spooky Halloween
- Last-Minute Halloween Costumes For Kids
- Halloween Safety Tips For Kids And Parents
Ready for a new home?
Get tips for touring models, choosing a floor plan and more!