Valentine’s Day is heading our way. Do you have something special in mind for your special someone? Skip the flowers and fancy store-bought chocolates this year and give them a gift that comes straight from the heart: homemade heart-shaped Valentine’s Day treats!
We’ve rounded up a variety of deceptively simple yet totally tasty recipes that will show your sweetheart just how much you care on Valentine’s Day and every day. Let the baking (and in some cases, deep frying) begin!
- Heart-shaped Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. What’s red and white and instantly devoured? These must-try whoopie pies are sure to tempt their taste buds and capture their heart!
- Heart-shaped Churros. Freshly fried churros tossed in ample amounts of cinnamon and sugar are tough to resist. Give your loved one the perfect excuse to indulge this Valentine’s Day!
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies. Not all Valentine’s Day cookies are created equal. These sweet, fruity—and, dare we say, adorable—shortbread hearts might just become a year-round favorite!
- Naturally Colored Conversation Heart Cheesecakes. Mmmmm, cheesecake. If your plus one is sensitive to artificial colors and flavors, this all-natural recipe will make their Valentine’s Day!
- Heart-shaped Jam Doughnuts. What better way to express your love this February 14 than with 14 homemade heart-shaped doughnuts? The recipe actually yields 16 pillowy soft Valentine’s Day treats, so go ahead and keep two for yourself!
- Mozzarella Cheese-Filled Hearts with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto. Is your Valentine partial to savory snacks? We have you covered with these flaky, crispy and utterly irresistible golden-brown, cheese-filled hearts!
- Dipped soft heart-shaped pretzels. They say the way to the heart is through the stomach, and these eye-catching soft pretzels will not disappoint. Equal parts savory and sweet, they’re the perfect pick for Valentines who truly deserve the best of both worlds!
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your loved ones. Keep following our blog and Pinterest boards for more recipes and homeowner resources.
Want to celebrate Valentine’s Day in a new home next year? Visit RichmondAmerican.com to explore our exceptional floor plans and communities near you!