Important info regarding our COVID-19 response
We continue to focus on ways to do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 by evaluating and implementing measures for the health and welfare of our employees, homebuyers, subcontractors and the greater community.
We take seriously the duty we have to our customers. A home is the most important purchase that most people will ever make, and it’s at the heart of families’ lives, finances and futures. We understand the responsibility that’s been entrusted to us as homebuilders and want to minimize the impact that current events will have on those plans and dreams. For many, the ability to move into their new home is an urgent need, especially in light of current events.
The following are examples of the steps we have taken to protect everyone involved in our business. These steps apply, as appropriate, to each of our facilities and are communicated to our employees.
- Visits to occupied homes by warranty employees for non-emergency services may be limited according to local ordinances or other precautions. Any warranty employees entering homes will wear masks and maintain social distancing for the safety of our employees and homeowners.
- Field teams have been trained on how to conduct business and facilitate contracts remotely through video conferencing, and we are encouraging active homebuyers to take advantage of virtual appointments.
- Before any in-person appointments (as permitted), visitors must answer screening questions related to recent travel, symptoms and exposure and, where in-person appointments are permitted, our sales associates have been instructed on social distancing practices.
- We have posted sales center and community entrance signs with health assessment questions and instructions for construction and permitted visitors.
- Masks are provided to all customers and staff. Sales center employees are required to wear masks in the office and model homes at any time there is another person present, whether that's a customer or another employee.
- Additional signage with social distancing practices has been installed at our corporate and division offices, and temperature checks have begun to be implemented as a trial at select locations.
- Construction teams working in an open-air environment have been instructed on social distancing. Guidelines for adapting to new safety challenges are being posted at every job site and additional hand wash stations have been added.
- We are challenging our construction vendors to donate extra masks and eyewear to health care agencies (without compromising safety of employees).
- We have enabled many employees to work from home and instructed those with on-site essential jobs to stay home if they experience symptoms or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- For any on-site essential job, we have limited the number of employees who can occupy a building at a given time.
- We have invested in new computer equipment to accommodate as many employees working from home as possible, in addition to practicing social distancing with customers/vendors.
- We investigate any COVID-19 illness reported in our workforce and respond accordingly.
- We are communicating with employees about telemedicine options available through their insurance for anyone experiencing symptoms. This service includes video-based counseling for anyone experiencing anxiety or other conditions intensified by the current circumstances.
- We are limiting most employee business travel.
- The MDC/Richmond American Homes Foundation made a substantial grant to the Colorado COVID-19 Relief Fund to aid state residents in need.
- For immediate questions, we’re encouraging homebuyers and homeowners to call your local sales center for assistance before making an attempt at an in-person visit. In addition, our call center is open and can be reached at 888.500.7060. More contact numbers are located here.
We will continue to monitor CDC measures and adapt to new recommendations as necessary.
As a company, we feel it is important to provide stability to our employees, homebuyers and homeowners despite the current environment. Over the past 40+ years in the industry, our leadership has seen many market fluctuations and we’re confident about the days ahead.
With mortgage rates at near-record lows, buyers seeking the stability of homeownership and a low monthly payment may be able to achieve that dream in the coming months, especially when the immediate emergency subsides. While we must do our part to adapt and respond to this world crisis, we continue to look toward the light at the end of the tunnel with hope.
For questions regarding our COVID-19 response, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.