Just like different builders offer different floor plans and home options, no two homebuilders follow the same exact process for constructing new homes. Here’s what you can expect from your initial house hunt through closing (and beyond!) when you build a brand-new home from the ground up with Richmond American.
Laying the groundwork
You may be ready for your dream home, but first you have to find it! A new home search with Richmond American typically looks like this:
- Find your neighborhood. The first step in your homebuilding journey is finding a community that suits your needs. You’ll want to consider factors such as amenities, schools and commute times when deciding where to plant roots. If you need help narrowing down your neighborhood, contact a New Home Specialist at 888.799.8322
- Choose your floor plan. You’ve found your preferred community. Now it’s time to select a floor plan that can accommodate your lifestyle. Create a new home wish list containing items such as desired number of bedrooms, bathrooms and garage bays, along with other must-have home features (e.g., private study, open entertaining areas). A sales associate can walk you through layout options. This free guide can also help you pinpoint the perfect plan.
- Home in on your homesite. Have your heart set on a corner lot? Perhaps you would prefer to live on a cul-de-sac. Is having a backyard that overlooks a golf course or open space important to you? Evaluate the community’s homesite options and choose the one that best appeals to you. Get some additional tips here.
- Sign on the dotted line. Signing a contract allows us to reserve your homesite and begin the homebuilding process. Be sure to snap a photo when it’s official—and share it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram—because you’ll definitely want to remember this important milestone!
From daydream to dream home
You’ve contracted on a beautiful new home in a desirable community. Here’s where the real fun begins!
- Your Home Gallery™ appointment. Personalization is our priority—and what sets us apart from many other homebuilders! We believe every new home we build should be as unique as its residents. During your appointment at our boutique-style showroom, you’ll work with a professional design consultant to choose colors, finishes, fixtures, home technology and more for your new living spaces, a complimentary service! We provide hundreds of design options to make sure your new home is anything but cookie cutter.
Be prepared for your design appointment
Our design road map helps you know what to expect when it comes to personalizing your new living space.
- Building your dream. Ready to watch your new home take shape? This is a very exciting time. If you build from the ground up, we’ll schedule several walk-through appointments so you can keep tabs on the progress. There’s no feeling quite like
watching your vision become a reality!
- Final walk-through. Your home is now complete. During this appointment, your Home Care Specialist will show you around your new house, review maintenance information and answer any questions you may have. You’re fast approaching the finish line!
- Closing day. The day you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived. Be sure to tag us on Instagram to commemorate your moment! After you sign the paperwork, the home you’ve envisioned is yours. But our relationship doesn’t end there. We’ll schedule several follow-up check-ins to answer questions and take care of any service requests.
You may also be interested in:
- 11 Must-Ask Questions For Your New Home Builder
- What To Expect When Building A New Home
- Finding A Neighborhood That Is Dog Friendly
If you’ve already contracted on a new Richmond American home, we look forward to working with you. If you’re ready to start your home search, Visit RichmondAmerican.com today!