California set the bar for solar energy use by requiring that all new single-family homes—and many multi-family homes—be constructed with solar panels beginning in 2020. Since then, Environment America has launched its Homes Go Solar campaign, calling on additional states to implement similar solar mandates.
At Richmond American, we recognize the importance of clean, renewable energy and its impact on the environment. So, we’ve committed to offering sustainable solutions, including solar technology, in all our markets. Our solar solutions vary by region, but homebuyers can choose from the following options:
- Installing a solar power system through one of our preferred vendors
- Installing a concealed conduit for a future solar power system
Helping clients go green—and save some green!
If you’re based in California, you and your clients are likely well-versed in the benefits of solar home technology. But agents and buyers outside the Golden State may be less familiar with the many perks of powering homes with the sun. Following are some quick facts to help with selling a home with solar panels. Be sure to share them with your clients!
- Solar energy is affordable and reliable. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, “solar energy is the fastest growing and most affordable source of new electricity in America.” By installing a solar power system, clients can avoid rate hikes during times of peak electricity use and enjoy reliable back-up power if the grid goes down.
- Solar energy is clean and renewable. Unlike fossil fuels (e.g., coal, natural gas), solar energy doesn’t release greenhouse gas emissions (e.g., carbon dioxide) or potentially hazardous pollutants into the water and air. And the environmental and health benefits may be significant. According to the U.S. Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, solar energy has the potential to prevent $167 billion in health and environmental damages and between 25,000 and 59,000 premature deaths by decreasing air pollution.
- Solar energy can raise home values. How much of a difference solar technology can make will depend on the system’s size and specifications—as well as market factors like climate—but according to Zillow®, solar panels increase a home’s value by an average of 4.1% across the U.S. This is an important consideration when it comes to resale—and yet another reason why your clients should consider this “bright” idea!
- Solar energy may mean tax exemptions. Depending on where your clients reside, they may be eligible for financial incentives, including local and state tax exemptions and a federal tax credit, if their home has a solar power system. Learn more about potential savings.
Secrets to Selling New Homes
You’re a great resale agent, but do you know new homes? Discover all you need to know to master the new home niche.
We hope this information helps you with selling a home with solar panels. Check out these additional resources for real estate agents!
- How to Sell the Advantages of an Attached RV Garage
- Build vs Buy: Lower Insurance Premiums on New Homes!
- Educating Buyers on New Home Construction Timelines
- Help Clients Take Charge Of Their Credit Score
Did you know that we offer attractive standard commission in all our markets? Create an agent account to secure yours today!